Gillu -Mahadevi Verma Subjective Question
1. Was Gillu in a miserable condition when the author found him ? What did she do ?
Ans ⇒ When the narrator first saw Gillu, he had already received two wounds due to the attack of two crows. He was holding a flowerpot tightly and not moving at all. The narrator brought him to her room. After cleaning his wounds, she put penicillin ointment on them. She tried to feed him using cotton wool dipped in In a similar situation, I would do exactly what the narrat
2. What is the life-span of squirrels ?
Ans ⇒ Squirrels have a life-span of barely two years.
3. How would Gillu inform the narrator that he was hungry?
Ans ⇒ When Gillu was hungry, he would inform the narrator by twittering ‘chik-chik’.
4. Do you have any pet bird ? How does it show concern 10+ you.
Ans ⇒ Yes, I have a parrot. He is very close to me. I call him Sonu. He makes sounds of excitement when he sees me and when he does not find me arround him he becomes dull and inactive. When I come from outside it tells one to take rest and also arranges nuts for me from his share.
5. When did Gillu make a twittering sound ?
Ans ⇒ When Gillu became hungry, he made twittering sound. And, when he received the food, again made the same sound while meeting with his friends.”
Gillu -Mahadevi Verma Subjective Question Answer 2023
6. What did the narrator feel at the death of Gillu ? Describe her feelings in your own words.
Ans ⇒ “Gillu’ had become a part of the narrator’s life. She felt very sorrowful at his death. She felt loosing something very special. He was not able to forget it. She did all the ceremonies so that his soul could get peace after death. To it was like loosing a family member and so she did all what a family member does at one’s death.
7. What did the narrator do with the wounded squirrel ?
Ans ⇒ The narrator gently lifted the wounded squirrel up and
brought him to her room. After wiping blood from his wounds with cotton wool, she applied Penicillin ointment. After several hours the narrator managed to pour one drop of water in his mouth.
8. When was the Gillu’s swing taken off ?
Ans ⇒ Gillu’s swing was taken off after his death.
9. What was Gillu’s favourite food ? How would Gillu inform that he was hungry ?
Ans ⇒ Kaju was Gillu’s favourite food. Gillu would inform that he was hungry by twiterring ‘chik-chik”.
10. How did the narrator make the tiny baby squirrel hale and hearty ?
Ans ⇒ When Mahadevi Verma, found the wounded baby squirrel on her verandah, she nursed him carefully. She applied Penicillin ointment to his wounds. It was difficult to feed him. After several hours she succeded in pouring one drop of water in his mouth. On the third day he became much better.
Class 10th English Chapter-3 Gillu Subjective Question Answer 2023
11. How did Gillu sustain wounds?
Ans ⇒ Gillu was a tiny baby squirrel. One day, he fell down from a nest near a flowerpot on the verandah of Mahadevi Verma. Two crows saw him. He sustained wounds when they poked their beaks at him.
12. How did Mahadevi Verma treat the wounded squirrel ?
Ans ⇒ Mahadevi Verma gently lifted the wounded squirrel and brought him to her room. She wiped the blood from his wounds with cotton wool and applied Penicillin ointment. She treated him kindly.
13. How did Gillu make himself cool in summer ?
Ans ⇒ To tackle the summer beat; Gillu had discovered a totally new method. He would lie prostrate on the surahi kept near the author and thus remain both close to the author as well as be cool.
14. Who started calling the tiny baby Squirrel as Gillu?
Ans ⇒ The writer and his family members started calling him ‘Gillu’.
15. Which ointment was applied on the wounds of the tiny baby squirrel?
Ans ⇒ Penicillin ointment was applied on the wounds of the tiny baby squirrel.
कक्षा-10 अंग्रेजी का सब्जेक्टिव प्रश्न उत्तर 2023
16. What does the transformation from the common to the proper noun imply? What difference does a name make ?
Ans ⇒ It implies that now the squirrel got a proper distinction. A name gives one a personal identity and brings close to others.
17. Gillu took little food during the indisposition of the narrator. What does this suggest ?
Ans ⇒ When the narrator was injured in a motor car accident, she had to spend some days in a hospital. Though Kaju was Gillu’s favourite food, he would not eat Kaju offered to him by others.
His behaviour shows that he was so deeply attached to the narrator that he felt deeply sad during her absence.
18. In what condition did the narrator find Gillu? What did she do with it ?
Ans ⇒ The narrator found Gillu, tiny baby squirrel, in a miserable condition. He had been wounded by crows. She carried him to his room and wiped the blood from his wounds with cotton wool. Then she applied Penicillin ointment to his wounds. After trying for several hours she managed to put one drop of water into his tiny mouth.
Matric Exam English Subjective Question Answer 2023
|ENGLISH PROSE SECTION OBJECTIVE
|The Pace For Living
|Me And The Ecology Bit
|What Is Wrong with Indian Film
|Once Upon A Time
|The Unity Of Indian Culture
|Little Girl Wiser Than Man