Me And The Ecology Subjective Question
1. How do modern applicances affect ecology ?
Ans ⇒ The narrator, Jim, is trying to get people to preserve ecology. When he finds his mother using an electric mixer, he makes the given statement as he wants her to help conserve electricity. Modern appliances use electricity, so their use puts pressure on our resources. Machines like vacuum cleaners and washing machines save us from hard work but they too use up electricity. They cause noise pollution too.
2. Which animal messes up Ms. Greene’s yard?
Ans ⇒ When Jim visits Ms. Greene’s house, she complains to him against his dog. She tells him that his dog digs up her garden and messes up her yard. She advises him to keep his dog on a leash.
3. Why does Jim ask Ms. Greene to save paper and aluminium cans ?
Ans ⇒ When Jim visits Ms. Greene’s house, he sees her piling old newspapers near the garbage bags. She wants them to be thrown away. Jim advises her to keep the newspapers for the school pickup so that they can be used for making new paper. He asks her to save aluminium cans, too, for recycling.
4. What advice does Jim give to his mother ? What does she reply ?
Ans ⇒ Jim gives advice to his mother not to use too many electric things. She should save electricity and use old egg beater in place of electric mixer.
She replies that why, then he watches TV twenty-seven hours a day, or that is other kind of electricity.
5. What is ecology ? Is it essential to preserve it ?
Ans ⇒ Ecology means the natural relationship between living things and the environment. It is essential to preserve it because the growth and survival of plants and living creatures depend on it. Ecological imbalance has created serious problems in the modern age.
Class 10 English NCERT Solutions Me And The Ecology Bit Notes Pdf
6. What does the narrator do on Saturdays and Sundays ?
Ans ⇒ The narrator is quite aware of the advantages of ecology preservation. He works for ecology on Saturday and Sunday. He visits the houses in his locality and collects garbage on these days.
7. What form of electricity did the narrator use ?
Ans ⇒ The narrator used his motorbike all summer and his snowbike all winter.
8. Did the narrator succeed in getting Ms. Greene to do something about ecology ?
Ans ⇒ Jin tried to convince Ms. Greene that she must not throw the newspapers and aluminium cans away but she did not listen to him. Jim did not succeed in getting her to do something about ecology.
9. ‘Nobody’s willing to do anything about ecology.’ Do you agree with the statement.
Ans ⇒ This statement is made by Jim, the main character in the story ‘Me and the Ecology Bit’. He collects garbage from the houses of his neighbours and tries to convince them that ecology
preservation is essential. But he himself does not follow the rules of ecology preservation.
I agree with this statement because people preach about ecology but they do not work for its preservation.
10. What happened to the tree referred to by Mr. Johnson?
Ans ⇒ The tree referred to by Mr. Johnson has been cut down. This shows the greed of humans which is destroying our environment.
Me And The Ecology Bit Subjective Question Answer 2023
11. What happens when the narrator calls Ms. Greene, Mrs. Greene’?
Ans ⇒ When the narrator calls Ms. Greene, ‘Mrs. Greene,’ she says that she doesn’t have any change to pay him.
12. Do you think that Jim is a real ecology friendly boy? Give your own opinion.
Ans ⇒ No, I don’t think that Jim is a real ecology friendly boy because he speaks a lot about preservation of ecology but himself increases pollution.
13. Why did Mr. Johnson think that Jim did not follow the principle of walking?
Ans ⇒ Mr. Johnson thought that Jim did not follow the principle of walking because Jim drove his motorbike round and round his backyard all summer. Jim only talked about the advantages of walking. He did not walk himself.
14. “But anyhow, on Saturday when I collect, I put in a good word on ecology.” This is the narrator’s way of preserving ecology. How are you contributing to ecological preservation in your surrounding?
Ans ⇒ I try to use the available resources when I really can’t do without them. I plant trees and stop deforestation. I also throw the garbage properly.
15. How many blocks away was the post office from Mr. Johnson’s house ?
Ans ⇒ The post office was just two blocks away from Mr. Johnson’s house.
मैट्रिक परीक्षा 2023 English का V.V.I सब्जेक्टिव क्वेश्चन आंसर
16. ‘Sure it is hard to get people to work for ecology.’ Do you agree with this statement? What is ecology ? What measures have you and your school taken to preserve it ?
Ans ⇒ Yes, I agree with the statement, ‘sure it is hard to get people to work for ecology,’ Ecology is the science that deals with the relationship of humans with environment. Under this we plant trees and make people aware about the environment and its importance.
17. What is Jim’s advice to Mr. Williams ?
Ans ⇒ When Jim goes to Mr. William’s house, he sees him burning leaves in the backyard. He advises. Mr. Williams not to burn the leaves because burning leaves pollutes the air. He tells him that he should make a compost pile which will be good manure for the garden.
Matric Exam English Subjective Question Answer 2023
|S.N||ENGLISH PROSE SECTION OBJECTIVE|
|1.||The Pace For Living|
|2.||Me And The Ecology Bit|
|4.||What Is Wrong with Indian Film|
|6.||Once Upon A Time|
|7.||The Unity Of Indian Culture|
|8.||Little Girl Wiser Than Man|